The Foundation and its subsidiaries have made substantial gifts to universities, colleges, schools, churches, hospitals, charitable organizations and museums. As of December 31 2022, we estimate we have given over US$ 300 Million* since our founding in 1956.
Here is a brief summary of some of the major recent charitable initiatives undertaken by the Foundation Group, by region:
- AUD$17,750,000 commitment to Korowa Anglican Girls School in Melbourne for the design and construction of a new physical education complex.
- AUD$5,000,000 to Korowa Anglican Girls School in Melbourne, including the development of the Cripps Centre Middle School and the Music Centre.
- AUD$6,900,000 to the University of Melbourne for the renovation of the Grimwade Centre for Cultural Material Conservation and establishment of a professorial chair.
- AUD$3,680,000 to Trinity College at the University of Melbourne, including the restoration of the Chapel and renovation of the Theological School, an Anglican College of the University of Divinity.
- AUD$1,600,000 to St John’s College at the University of Queensland, including the development of the John Cripps Tower.
- AUD$5,660,000 to Caulfield Grammar School, including the development of the Cripps Centre.
- AUD$600,000 to Butterfly Foundation to support its education programs.
- AUD$1,000,000 commitment to support the legal work of the Kimberley Land Council in relation to illegal mining activities
- £10,000,000 to Magdalene College at Cambridge University, for the construction of a new Library.
- £7,500,000 to Selwyn College at Cambridge University for Cripps Court.
- £460,000 to Queens College at Cambridge University for various projects.
- £1,500,000 to Magdalene College at Cambridge University, including the development of the Edward Cripps Building.
- £13,000,000 to Northampton High School, including the purchase of a new property, and the development of new facilities including senior and junior school classrooms, kindergarten, and the Edward Cripps Library and Gymnasium.
- £5,000,000 to Northampton School for Boys, including the development of the Edward Cripps Human Performance Centre.
- £9,000,000 to The University of Nottingham for the construction of a new health care center.
- US$500,000 to the Cambodian Children’s Fund to pay for scholarship funds and the Head of Education salary, amongst other things.
- US$4,000,000 to the Cambodian’s Children Fund to build the Cripps Neeson Academy
- US$15,000,000 to fund the Cambodian’s Children Fund new Endowment Fund to support the charity’s long-term operations
United States of America
- US$410,000 to Learn to Live to support its operations and charitable programs.
- US$1,000,000 to Healing Transitions International Inc. to support various initiatives for their men’s and women’s campus.
- Donation of land to the Bermuda National Trust.
- Funding the annual salary of an Educational Officer for Masterworks Museum of Bermuda.
- Funding for medical assistance programs for two charities
- Funding of various food programs
*All numbers are estimated and unaudited
“When we plant a tree, we don’t plant it for ourselves but for our children.”